Digital Campaigner (Volunteer Role)
The Refugee Council of Australia (RCOA), the independent national community voice on refugee issues, is seeking a Digital Campaigner on a volunteer basis, to join its team fighting for justice, fairness and equity in Australia’s treatment of people seeking asylum and refugees.
The role can be either Melbourne or Sydney based, 1-2 days per week, for a minimum commitment of 6 months.
The Digital Campaigner will support staff in either our Melbourne or Sydney offices to build our digital and maintain our infrastructure across the following main platforms:
* Office 365
* Google Drive
The Digital Campaigner role will primarily support the Campaign Organiser, Fundraising Manager and Communications Director. We are looking for someone who feels confident diving into a new environment and is able to work independently in a team environment. Our national organisations requires strong technology infrastructure in order to facilitate strong collaboration between our members, supporters and partner organisations.
People with lived experience seeking asylum or as a refugee are highly encouraged to apply.
- Experience working on digital campaigns in social or environmental justice
- Experience working with some (or all) of the above platforms
- Demonstrated experience managing social media accounts for campaign purposes
- Experience with Wordpress and preferably NationBuilder
- Digital Content Creation experience – content writing, graphic design and videography especially
- Basic coding knowledge is a bonus
- Willingness to work in a team and independently
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice and human rights
What we will offer
As part of this role the Refugee Council can offer you the following benefits:
- Ongoing training and development around campaign strategy, digital organising and community organising
- Feedback on professional development can be arranged
- Experience working with a peak body in a highly dynamic space
- Working to build a powerful movement for change
Email your CV with any relevant experience to Rebecca at email@example.com