Volunteer Position Description – Social Media Officer
Do you LOVE all things social media? Are you creative, with experience creating digital content? Would you like to channel that passion and experience into helping the refugee sector’s peak body in trying to change Australia’s draconian and unfair refugee policies?
The Refugee Council of Australia is looking for social media volunteer who are currently studying/just graduated in media, writing, marketing, advertising or similar to come in at least one day per week. We have offices in both Sydney and Melbourne and you can apply to either. The lucky candidate will have:
- Have experience in creating digital content (memes, photo quotes, graphs, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience telling stories
- Experience using Canva and/or Photoshop a bonus
- A love of all things social media and have an understanding of how it can be used in advocacy
- Experience using Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Social media experience in an advocacy/social justice setting is a bonus
- Excellent attention to detail
- A creative mind, great initiative and a willingness to learn
- A passion for helping promote a fairer and just refugee policy in Australia
- Video experience is a bonus
Your day-to-day tasks will include:
- Assisting with community engagement of various social channels
- Turning our policy, advocacy and campaigning material into attention-grabbing, highly shareable digital content such as graphs, memes, photo quotes, etc. We use Canva to do this.
- Scheduling our social media posts
- Engaging with our supporters on social meida
- Producing social media analytics reports
- Researching and engaging with social media influencers.
Role can be flexible according to the needs and skill set of the successful candidate. Ideally the person would be work at least a day a week in our Sydney or Melbourne offices with a minimum three-month commitment.
What we will offer
As part of this role the Refugee Council can offer you the following benefits:
- Ongoing training and development around campaign strategy, digital organising and community organising
- Feedback on professional development can be arranged
- Experience working with a peak body in a highly dynamic space
- Working to build a powerful movement for change
Email your CV with any relevant experience to Rebecca at firstname.lastname@example.org